Making A Claim
For Policy claims please call the Insurer directly on 0345 122 3019
How to make a claim
If you are aware of an incident that might give rise to a claim or you need to make a claim, you must do the following as soon as possible:
- Buildings and/or Contents – Please call the claims helpline on 0345 122 3019 to report the incident.
- Tell the police as soon as reasonably possible if something is lost or if you suspect theft or malicious damage.
- Take all practical steps to get back any property which has been lost.
- If we have asked you to fill in a claim form, send this back to us, with everything we have asked for, within 30 days of us sending it to you.
- Immediately send us any written claim which is made against you, and give us full details of any verbal claims made against you.
- Take reasonable action to protect the property from loss or damage.
You must not:
- Throw away, get rid of or destroy items that are damaged until we say so;
- admit or deny responsibility for any incident; or
- negotiate or settle any claims made against you by anyone else, unless we agree in writing that you can.